Another option for brunch that presents those familiar brunchy flavors of smoked fish, cream cheese in a savory cheesecake form….sounds strange I know- but it is really good, especially with a few spoonfuls of the Really Rad Red Relish .
- 1 sleeve ritz-type crackers, crushed
- 4 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds (optional)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 oz. flaked and skinned smoked trout (smoked salmon or whitefish work fine too)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Mix melted butter with crushed cracker crumbs and press onto the bottom and ½ inch up the sides of a springform pan. Store pan in fridge until ready to fill.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and saute chopped red onion until translucent and golden around edges. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place cream cheese in a large bowl and beat in eggs one at a time.
- Mix in sour cream, mustard, paprika, caraway seeds if using, and flour until well-incorporated. Fold in flaked trout.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture onto cracker crust. Place in oven and bake for 45-55 minutes, until quichecake is set.
Makes 8-10 servings