Grilled Eggplant with Tehina
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into ½” slices
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoon za’atar spice mix
- ½ cup tehina
- Brush eggplant slices with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with za’atar spice. Place on grill and cook for approximately 5 minutes on each side, or until well browned.
- Arrange grilled eggplant on a platter in a single layer and spread evenly with tehina.
Yields 10-12 slices
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Shake up all ingredients in a jar or a cruet. Toss over chopped or shredded lettuce.
*4-6 sliced hardboiled eggs
*Hummos, to serve
*Umba, to serve
*4-6 pita breads