On a cheese plate these flavorful tomatoes are well placed.
- ½ c. + ½ c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs. fresh ripe tomatoes (4-5)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Heat oven to 250F. Pour 1/2 c. olive oil into a 9”x13”glass baking dish.
- Slice tomatoes that are halved lengthwise and seeded. Arrange tomato slices in dish. Drizzle with another 1/2 c. olive oil. Sprinkle with oregano and sugar and salt. Bake for 1 hr.
- Turn tomatoes over and bake for another hour. Layer tomatoes in a bowl scattering minced garlic over. Pour reserved oil from baking dish over tomatoes. Let stand at room temp until ready to serve.