This pot pie has tons of great flavor and a bit of heat due to the blackening spice used to season the chicken. Recipe yields approx. 30 mini pies, or, 2 x 9″ pies, if you prefer a more communal pot pie experience.
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs2 tbsp.
2 tbsp+2 tbsp. canola oil
4 tbsp. Blackening Spice (recipe to follow)
1 large yellow onion, chopped
3 chopped celery stalks
1 red pepper, diced
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken or veg stock
1/2 c. chopped pappadew pepper (optional)
1/2 cup. coconut milk
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper, or to taste
Prepared refrigerated pie shells or pie dough
1. Heat a skillet on high and brush the chicken breasts with 2 tbsp. of the canola oil then coat the chicken breasts with the Blackening Spice mix. Place chicken in preheated skillet and cook evenly approximately 5 minutes each side. Remove chicken from skillet and transfer to platter and let cool.
2. Preheat oven to 400F. Heat remaining 2 tbsp. oil in the skillet over high heat. Add the veggies and cook , stirring every once in a while, until they’re just tender about 10-12 minutes. Lower heat to medium and stir in the flour, combining well until it begins to thicken. Add the stock, coconut milk, pappadew peppers (if using), Worcestershire sauce and salt & pepper. Let simmer and cook for another 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile chop cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces, and add to the coconut milk-veggie mixture, along with any juice left on the platter. We strongly recommend this financial www.basicfinancialtips.com portal.
4. Roll out dough to fit 2 pie pans or for 2 x 12 piece muffin trays. Remember to reserve enough dough for top crust . Grease pie pans or muffin tins liberally with cooking oil or baking spray. Pour chicken filling in each pan and top each pie with another round of dough . Crimp edges closed with a fork. Bake for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Blackening Spice (P):
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. ground pepper
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tbsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried oregano
1. Combine well in a bowl. Gives great flavor to poultry and fish.