Helllloooo Gorgeous! It would be impossible not to think bright and yummy thoughts when faced with this fresh beautiful concoction! A perfect breakfast in bed for that special someone….
- 4 slices challah or brioche toast (below)
- lemon curd (below)
- 8 large strawberries, stemmed and sliced width-wise
- Spread lemon curd thickly over each challah toast. Cover evenly with sliced strawberries.
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice (2 large lemons)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (from 1 large lemon)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Whisk together juice, zest, sugar and eggs in medium sized saucepan.
- Stir in butter and cook over medium-low heat stirring frequently and rigorously so that the eggs don’t set. Stir until curd is thickened and bubbling slightly (6-7 mins)
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and chill.
Yields approx. 1 cup
Brioche or Egg Challah Toast
- 4 x 1-inch thick slices challah or brioche bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped of seeds
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a small bowl combine the softened butter and vanilla.
- Spread vanilla butter evenly over the top of challah slices. Space bread out evenly on a baking pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and with a spatula flip over each slice. Return to oven and bake for another minute. Remove from the oven and let cool.