Here’s an American and dairy-free spin on a French classic. One of these days I’m gonna substitute the lemon for orange and the blueberries for mini chocolate chips, et le voila- Choco-Orange Maddies!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- grated zest of one lemon
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil spread, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a 12-cup madeleine pan. Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a small bowl- set aside.
2. With an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until thick and creamy, and when you lift the beaters ribbons of batter result. Fold in the lemon zest and juice.
3. Starting with the flour mixture, alternately fold in the flour and the melted coconut oil spread in three allotments. Let the mixture stand for 3 or4 minutes and then carefully dpoon batter into the pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of a maddie comes out clean.