- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons guchugaro powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
1. Place the cucumbers in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the salt and toss to coat. Allow mixture to stand for approx. half hour so that the moisture from the cukes begins to extract.
2. Rinse the cucumbers and drain. Put in a clean dry bowl. Add the garlic, gochugaro powder, garlic powder, and sugar. Mix well to incorporate the flavors. Add the vinegar and mix well. Splash the sesame oil ob=ver the cucumber slices and give it a good toss.
3. Place in an air-tight container and store in fridge for at least 30 minutes.