Not sure of the correct pronunciation or spelling of this barbecued Korean beef dish, but I know for sure that this is a delicious recipe to make on the grill at any outdoor summertime event. Serve on a bun stuffed with Korean Cukes and sriracha for extra layers of contasting sweet-sour-spicy-salty flavor.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 bulb of garlic, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 lbs. boneless flanken
1. In a medium-sized bowl mix together the onion, garlic, soy sauce, sugar, juice, sesame oil, black pepper.
2. Place meat in shallow pan or in a large Ziploc bag, pouring the marinade over the meat. Seal and refrigerate for 4 hours – overnight.
3. Grill the meat to your preferred doneness but about 3-5 minutes can be a guide.