- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 oz. salami (1 cup) sliced into 1/4 inch pieces and then quartered
- 2 eggs
- 5-6 cups prepared rice (white or brown)
- 7 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- sliced scallions, for garnish
1. Over med.-high heat, heat canola oil in a frying pan or wok until it starts to get steamy. Add salami bits and stir occasionally making sure not to burn the meat ( approx 3-4 minutes). Remove cooked salami and set aside in a separate dish.
2. Whisk together the 2 eggs. Pour into the sizzling pan. Manipulate the pan and turn to ensure the eggs cover the entire surface in a thin layer. Fry until it sets (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat, cut into strips and add to the set-aside salami.
3. Empty prepared rice in the hot frying pan turn the flame down to med-low. Loosen up and break up any clumps with a spatula and cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
4. Make sauce: Combine mustard, honey, sesame oil, minced garlic, and soy sauce in a small bowl. Pour over fried rice and mix in well. Add the fried salami and eggs and toss it all together with a spatula, folding and mixing all the components together. Cook over medium high heat for approximately 1o minutes, tamping down the rice and leaving it undisturbed if you like it crunchy.