- 1/3 cup (6 tablespoons) coconut oil spread or butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pretzel crumbs
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cups light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil spread or butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl mix together melted coconut oil spread/butter, brown sugar, and crushed pretzels.
2. Firmly press mixture with the back of a spoon into a pie plate. Bake in oven for 10 minutes, remove and let cool.
3. In the meantime: raise oven temp to 375° . In a large bowl whisk together eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, melted coconut oil spread/butter, and bourbon. Mix in chopped pecans and the chocolate chips. Spoon the filling into the prepared pretzel crust and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the filling puffs ups a bit, but is still moist and gooey in the center.
Baking Notes: Semi-sweet chocolate chips will be good in this recipe, but a Scharffen Bergen Chocolate Baking Bar coarsely chopped (70%) will make this recipe GREAT! Hard to believe a parve chocolate could be so phenomenal!