Chermoula is a fragrant, spicy, citrusy Moroccan marinade typically used for fish. This easy recipe yields enough for 3-4 lbs. of salmon but if you are not planning to make that much, save the remaining sauce for another day… because you’ll definitely want to make this exotic dish again. Or, pour the remaining chermoula on the already cooked fish before serving, for even more concentrated flavor.
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2- 2 lbs. salmon fillet
1. Combine everything but the salmon together in a food processor and blend until a thick paste results.
2. Lay out salmon on a baking pan, brush thickly with chermoula sauce, allow to marinate for 30 minutes prior to cooking.
3. Preheat oven to 400F, cook salmon for approximately 20 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily when pierced with a fork.